“Kamminga sings like she was born and raised in Nashville – crystal clear with a twang” – Here Comes The Flood
Amber writes unpretentious, catchy popsongs with the intimacy of country music. It’s no surprise that music from Nashville got to Amber Kamminga from the just as rural town, Grootebroek, population: 9.000. The modern country of Kacey Musgraves, Kelsea Ballerini and Taylor swift sparked big dreams for the small town girl. The typical country sound of her first EP has now been traded for catchy countrypop on her newest single. More synths and less banjo this time around.
Music has brought Amber to beautiful stages such as Paradiso, De Vorstin, Patronaat, Sugarfactory and national radioshows 3FM and Radio1. She shared the stage with Darlyn, Molly Burch (US) and Emil Landman. She also played several stages in Nashville, Tennessee, such as the Bluebird Cafe, Nashville Palace and True Music Room. Her adventures in Nashville were captured in vlogs for famous dutch magazine Viva.
Now, with her same old band, but an updated sound, she is ready to release new songs. The first of which – ‘Name of Love’ – will be out on April 12, 2019.
Highlights / Tour history
- Supported Darlyn and Rivers;
- Direct support: Emil Landman and Molly Burch (US);
- Performed at the Bluebird Cafe, True Music Room, Nashville Palace, Alley Taps and Belcourt Taps in Nashville, Tennessee;
- Played a showcase at Bar Lubitsch in Los Angeles;
- Played the main stage of Paradiso, Amsterdam;
- Performed on the ABN Amro talent stage during Uitmarkt festival on Museumplein;
- Performed at Festival the Brave and well known Dutch venues such as Sugarfactory, Patronaat, De Vorstin, Tolhuistuin and Winston Kingdom;
- Played live on national radioshows such as 3FM (Dit is Domien & CroisSanderShow), Radio 1 and Radio 5;
- Organized her own sold out evening at Torpedo Theater, Amsterdam;
- Participated in the Judy Stakee songwriting retreat in Nashville;
- Vlogger for renowned women’s magazine VIVA
- Featured on &C Talent Platform
“She finished law school, her band is ready and so its high time for Amber Kamminga to take over the Netherlands with her catchy country-pop songs!” – translated from Hitzound.com
“To love a genre that is quintessentially American is one thing, the ability to write a track that can stand its ground is another and she pulled it off admirably. Her happy-sad vocals are a perfect fit for telling a tale” – Here Comes The Flood (review Getting To Know You)
“Here at country-music.nl the focus is primarily on American artists, America being the cradle of countymusic. But that doesn’t mean no good things are happening outside of North America. Country music is getting hotter and more popular outside of North America” – translated from Country-Music.nl special about Amber Kamminga
“Kamminga sings like she was born and raised in Nashville – crystal clear with a twang” – Here Comes The Flood (review Star-crossed Lovers EP)