“Kamminga sings like she was born and raised in Nashville – crystal clear with a twang” – Here Comes The Flood
t’s no surprise that music from Nashville got to Amber Kamminga from the just as rural town Grootebroek (population: 9.000). The music of Kacey Musgraves, Avril Lavigne and Taylor Swift sparked big dreams for the small town girl.
Music has brought Amber to many beautiful stages in the Netherlands such as Paradiso, De Vorstin, Patronaat, Sugarfactory and to national radioshows such as 3FM and Radio1. Supporting acts like Darlyn (NL), Molly Burch (US) and Emil Landman (NL). After releasing her first self-produced EP ‘Star-Crossed Lovers’ in 2017, she played the famous Bluebird Cafe in Nashville, Tennessee. Her adventures in Nashville were documented in vlogs for renowned Dutch magazine Viva.
She went on to release the song ‘Name of Love’ in April 2019, supported by a mini-tour in Nashville where she performed at several writers rounds and stages like True Music Room. The single was well received by music blogs both in and outside of the Netherlands, resulting in Amber’s first UK tour sponsored by Buckle & Boots Country Festival in October 2019. In 2020, ‘Name of Love’ landed Amber a spot among the last 2% out of over 18.000 submissions as a finalist in the International Songwriting Competition, judged by industry experts and artists such as Coldplay, Dua Lipa and Tom Waits.
Amber joined dutch publishing company The Write Girls as a songwriter in 2019.
Highlights / Tour history
- Supported Darlyn and Rivers;
- Direct support: Emil Landman and Molly Burch (US);
- Performed at the Bluebird Cafe, True Music Room, Nashville Palace, Alley Taps and Belcourt Taps in Nashville, Tennessee;
- Played a showcase at Bar Lubitsch in Los Angeles;
- Played the main stage of Paradiso, Amsterdam;
- Performed on the ABN Amro talent stage during Uitmarkt festival on Museumplein;
- Performed at Festival the Brave and well known Dutch venues such as Sugarfactory, Patronaat, De Vorstin, Tolhuistuin and Winston Kingdom;
- Played live on national radioshows such as 3FM (Dit is Domien & CroisSanderShow), Radio 1 and Radio 5;
- Organized her own sold out evening at Torpedo Theater, Amsterdam;
- Participated in the Judy Stakee songwriting retreat in Nashville;
- Vlogger for renowned women’s magazine VIVA
- Finalist International Songwriting Competition 2019
“She finished law school, her band is ready and so its high time for Amber Kamminga to take over the Netherlands with her catchy country-pop songs!” – translated from Hitzound.com
“To love a genre that is quintessentially American is one thing, the ability to write a track that can stand its ground is another and she pulled it off admirably. Her happy-sad vocals are a perfect fit for telling a tale” – Here Comes The Flood (review Getting To Know You)
“Here at country-music.nl the focus is primarily on American artists, America being the cradle of countymusic. But that doesn’t mean no good things are happening outside of North America. Country music is getting hotter and more popular outside of North America” – translated from Country-Music.nl special about Amber Kamminga
“Kamminga sings like she was born and raised in Nashville – crystal clear with a twang” – Here Comes The Flood (review Star-crossed Lovers EP)